While healthcare informatics is driven by technology , Quality Informatics is motivated by purpose : use informatics to improve quality. We intend to promote the following ideals in the long term:
- Access to and adoption of international best practices in information management.
- Ensure transparency of Outcomes and Costs of healthcare provision.
- Promote understanding of efficiency and equity within the context of poverty.
- Create medically meaningful data- assets that are deep enough to change professional behaviours.
- Assemble outside -the- box data to establish denominators from population and panel databases.
- Provide a platform for digital innovation and data entrepreneurship.
- Encourage adoption of big data analytics.
- Secure a collaborative space for the theory and development of local case-mix systems.
- Systematically move the payment system away from volume to value.